How To: Use the AR Link Cleaning Pin
The AR Link Cleaning Pin holds the upper and lower receivers open in place for cleaning. The ARL fits all AR-15 and AR-10 type rifles, regardless of caliber, with standard and oversize take down pins up to .316 inches in diameter.
To use the AR-Link Cleaning Pin:
- Make sure firearm is unloaded with the magazine removed and the action open and ammunition far away.
- Depress the rear takedown pin and pull out to right side until the pin stops
- Pivot upper and lower receivers apart
- Insert pin on ARL into upper receiver take down pin tab
- Pivot receivers together with the ARL inserted into the lower receiver
- Push take down pin through hole in ARL to lock the upper and lower receivers in place
- Clean the rifle using J. Dewey Coated Rods, Brushes, Patches and Rod Guides
- To remove ARL, reverse steps above